ABOUT THE BOOK
Kitāb al-Arba’īn Fil Adhān is a unique collection of 42 narrations regarding the virtues and jurisprudence of Adhān, accompanied with a commentary in Arabic. The book has the following features:
- Concise and comprehensive commentary and Takhrīj of each narration.
- Various rulings pertaining to Adhān such as Tathwīb, Tarassul and Iltifāt explained in a simplified manner, incorporating the views of all four schools of thought.
- Detailed analysis of the history, wisdom, benefits and methodology of Adhān.
- Wider use of Adhān and whether the Prophet ﷺ performed Adhān.
- Profiles of the five Muadhdhins of the Prophetic era.
- Use of 288 Arabic and Urdu sources including the recently published Sharḥ Abī Dawūd by Ibn Raslān (844 H.) and the research of Muḥaddith al-‘Aṣr Sheikh Yunus Jownpūrī.
- Use of Red and Black and numbers to simplify reading and ease comprehension.
- A detailed profile of the author Mufti Shabbīr Aḥmad
Kitāb al-Arba’īn Fil Adhān (40 Hadith on Adhan)
Mufti Shabbir Ahmed