ABOUT THE BOOK
Volume 1: An introduction to the study of history, history of the prophets from Adam alaihis salam to Esa alaihis salam, Sirah of the Prophet sallallahu alaihi wa sallam, biographies and contributions of the first three caliphs.
Volume 2: From the caliphate of Sayyiduna Uthman to the martyrdom of Sayyiduna Abdullah bin Zubair, biographies and contributions of Sayyiduna Ali, Sayyiduna Hasan, Sayyiduna Muawiya, Sayyiduna Husain and Sayyiduna Abdullah ibn Zubair.
Volume 3: Caliphate of Banu Marwan to the fall of the Abbasid caliphate.
Volume 4: The Sicilian History,the Crusades, the Tatarian mobs, the Ayyubi Dynasty, the Mamluk Sultanate, the spread of Islam among the Tatars, history of Indo-Pak, the Ottoman Empire, Muslim Spain al-Andalus, al-Murabitun and al-Muwahhidun and a discussion of the efforts of the Mujaddidin, Fuqaha', and Sufis.
When the young famous historian Mawlana Rayhan's new book "Tarikh-e-Ummat-Muslimah" was printed and came to the forefront, Hazrat Mawlana Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani called him and congratulated him, encouraged him and gave him du'as. Following the recording of this phone call, scholars and those with an interest in Histroy became aware of this great service and of its importance. During this phone call, Hazrat (D.B) expressed his emotions in the following points:
- "I am extremely happy over the compilation of the book.
- I do not have the words to congratulate you and I make du'a that Allah gives you even more advancement.
- May He reward you immensely in both worlds for the way in which you have kept all of the relevant points in mind with moderation and balance.
- My busy schedule does not allow me much time for my own personal reading. However, for the past month I have been trying to read this book of yours.
- The truth of the matter is that I have found it very beneficial and has been a cause for my knowledge to increase in certain aspects. For a very long time, there has been a void with regards which kitab I should refer to when people ask about which books they should read on History - particularly in relation to lineage. However, through you, Allah has brought about a book that is excellent in all aspects. The position you have taken in regards to Hazrat Husayn (RA) is the same position I have taken in my book "Hazrat Mu'awiyah (RA) awr Tarikhi Haqai'iq".
From the above, it is not difficult to see the praise given and the joy from Hazrat Mufti Muhammad Taqi. By declaring this book as a great service, he has expressed it to be the need of the time. In regards to this, he has written a detailed article in the January 2020 edition of the monthly journal Al-Balagh. In it, he mentions an important point which I would like to bring to your attention:
"Nowadays due to travelling and my busy schedule, I have very little time for reading up on my own interests. However, this particular book has kept me occupied. I have thoroughly read through the events of the periods between the times of Hazrat Uthman (RA) and Hazrat Abdullah ibn Zubayr (RA)."
Despite the commitments and busy schedule coupled with his old age, Hazrat still displays such enthusiasm and interest. From this, we can take an important lesson: as students, how much time we should take out for reading.
MUFTI TAQI UTHMANI SAHIB
Tarikh Ummat Muslimah (Deluxe Edition)
Mawlana Muhammad Ismail Rayhan